Seat belt retainers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deadeyejedi80

Greasemonkey
Apr 8, 2018
Saratoga springs ny
I have a question on the routing of my seat belts . At some point the front seats were recovered and the belts were not routed back through the retainers that attach to the head rests . They are closed loop retainers so do I have to disassemble the seat belts to route them properly? A pic would be helpful

Deadeyejedi80

Greasemonkey
Apr 8, 2018
Saratoga springs ny
If you have a bench seat just unscrew the two screws & slide the belt inside.
It is a bench seat and the guides are mounted to the head rests but there is no slit in them to slide the seat belt in. I’m not even sure if this is all original stuff . I’ll figure something out . Thanks for the reply

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
If you take them off, be sure you can relocate the screw holes accordingly and I highly recommend that when installing, you use a regular hand held screwdriver to install instead of a power tool. Less of a risk of stripping out that sheetmetal hole the screws go into.

If they're factory, they should be just guides that the seatbelt sits on top of. You say they're going THROUGH the guide? Got any pics of said weird shiite?

Deadeyejedi80

Greasemonkey
Apr 8, 2018
Saratoga springs ny
i can take pics but if they are original and the seat belt doesn't actually thread through the opening and just rides over the top then i guess im good .

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor