Seat foam

Status
Not open for further replies.

Davey61

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 5, 2023
I just added new seat foam from Mike's Montes in my 1987 Aero coupe and now I sit too high. It seems that I'am a few inches higher than original,my head now is almost touching the t-tops. Has anyone had this problem ? And how do I solve this? I am new here And any help would be appreciated.Thanks

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
now I sit too high. It seems that I am a few inches higher than original, my head now is almost touching the t-tops. Has anyone had this problem ? And how do I solve this?
Just drive without the t-tops on. ;)

I don't know how original you want to keep the car but if the seat is manual you can convert it to a Gbody power base that will adjust and sit lower, I did this to both sets of aftermarket bucket seats I installed in both my cars and in my Regal, I also made relocation plates to move the seat rearward for more legroom.
IMG_1806.jpg

Davey61

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 5, 2023

I don't know how original you want to keep the car but if the seat is manual you can convert it to a Gbody power base that will adjust and sit lower, I did this to both sets of aftermarket bucket seats I installed in both my cars and in my Regal, I also made relocation plates to move the seat rearward for more legroom.
View attachment 217337

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014

View attachment 217337
Isn't it less work to just let a fat girl sit in it for half an hour? ;)

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
How fat the girl needs to be is directly proportional to how much space the foam needs to be compressed multiplied by how much candy bars you have to keep her sitting in place long enough to squish said foam.

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
Back when I was doing the Corvette thing, there was a lot of talk about having to crush the new seat foam that was available to make it compliant. As I recall, something about breaking open the bubbles in the foam.

FWIW, when I had my Malibu seats done, my upholsterer built up the foam....they sit higher than I expected (especially compared to the very worn wagon seat)

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
Does the seat bottom foam have the wires in it for the center hog rings? This helps pull down the center of the seat foam some to help compress it. Just thinking out loud here.

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor