Seat options for swivel bucket base

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bitterman

Greasemonkey
Jan 17, 2017
Good evening,

I'm installing swivel bucket seats into my 1980 cutlass. The swivel bases are in good shape but the seats are past saving. Has anyone mounted a different bucket seat onto the swivel base? Looking for as many options as possible.

I have an automatic trans and I'm keeping the shifter on the column so there is ample room for the seats.

Thanks,
Bitterman

87National

G-Body Guru
Apr 15, 2009
eastern SD
Good evening,

I'm installing swivel bucket seats into my 1980 cutlass. The swivel bases are in good shape but the seats are past saving. Has anyone mounted a different bucket seat onto the swivel base? Looking for as many options as possible.

I have an automatic trans and I'm keeping the shifter on the column so there is ample room for the seats.

Thanks,
Bitterman
Just curious........what swivel bases are you using? Mid 70s A body swivel buckets?

Gremlinsteve

Master Mechanic
Mar 6, 2018
I have a buddy that has two good shape swivel seats I'm sure he would sell

He's located in dc

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
I would measure the seat mount spacing and see how it compares to Gbody seats and even if it is different fabricating some adapters to mount something else probably would not be hard to do

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

Bitterman

Greasemonkey
Jan 17, 2017
I agree it's not hard to fit the swivel base to gbody tracks. That I am ready to work on. I am trying to figure out options for a seat to mount to the swivel base. Not a huge fan of the original swivel bucket seat. What options have you seen that you like or have you observed anyone mounting a different seat on a swivel base. I know this is an opinion question and I'm open to the likes of everyone to get a flavor of opinions. Been thinking about this too long and im creatively blocked.

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
After looking at this picture I realize what a goofy set up they have for this and the seats are clearly dedicated to the small round swivel.
The seats look too short for a gbody and have that 70's look for sure but I think the only way to mount a normal seat would be making an adapter plate and you might have to recess the center where the swivel sits so it doesn't sit too high.
images (2).jpg

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

Bitterman

Greasemonkey
Jan 17, 2017
Good catch! I'll talk to two metal workers I know to make this adapter. So any ideas on modern car seats to mount on? It does not have to be 70's era. I'd love to find a front/ rear seat combo to get everything to match.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor