MALIBU Seat tracks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ugly1

Royal Smart Person
Oct 26, 2021
Lost in the woods of NH
I tried some parts salvage on line searching and came up with nothing. Though trying under G body…
https://g-body-parts-gbodypartscom.business.site/
and other sites. Some of the guys on here may have some. Or call and talk to some of the sponsors for this site and they may point you in the right direction.
There is also a guy on Craig’s list in Rhode Island that does g-body parts used.

Supa.Slo.SS

Apprentice
Aug 7, 2020
CA
My 80 Malibu’s OEM bucket passenger seat could use new tracks. I’ve only found new 69-72 A body tracks. Will the A body tracks fit? Or, do you know of a source for G Body bucket seat tracks?
Tracks for bucket seats are hard to come by. I remember reading on one of these g body forums where you can piece together a set using bench seat tracks which are a little easier to find from A/G body wagons or bench seats cars.

oldsmobile joe

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2015
mpls
Tracks for bucket seats are hard to come by. I remember reading on one of these g body forums where you can piece together a set using bench seat tracks which are a little easier to find from A/G body wagons or bench seats cars.
Wrong, no you can't. See post #7 of this thread

Supa.Slo.SS

Apprentice
Aug 7, 2020
CA
Wrong, no you can't. See post #7 of this thread
If you read the thread you referenced & look at the last couple picture, you will see that the driver & passenger inside track on a bucket seat is the same as the outside track on both driver/passenger on a bench & it's even confirmed in a reply to another member that asked the question, see the snip attached.

Notice I said "piece together a set" on my post, hence find a bench with good outside track(s) to use as an inside track & keep looking for an outside bucket seat track. Or maybe the inside track needs the most attention & can get by just replacing that one.. 🤷‍♂️

Attachments

• 1654726079396.png
    1654726079396.png
    54.2 KB · Views: 72

oldsmobile joe

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2015
mpls
it's even confirmed in a reply to another member that asked the question, see the snip attached.
Are you talking these posts?

Screenshot_20220608-184201_Chrome.jpg

If so, please read it again. The outside bucket seat tracks are specific to bucket seat cars.
If you have a 60/40 seats, you need two tracks from those seats. AND two out board seat tracks from a bucket seat car.
That's what the OP was agreeing with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor