Seatbelt and seat mounting recommendations needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

tkruger

Master Mechanic
May 6, 2015
NY
Note a GBody but I am sure that someone here has run into this before. 1941 Chevrolet that I am mounting different bench seats in. The floor is solid put is only sheet metal. Seat belts where never in this car. I would like to add at least lap belts.

I have added brackets to the front bench seat and need to bolt it to the floor. To do this is it enough to use grade 8 bolts and a steel angle iron 2 inches wide and the length of the seat bracket below the floor of the car to keep it from pulling through? If I do this can I use the seat belts mounted on the seat or do they still need to go to the floor? The bench is out a a van and has belts on it already so if I can reuse these it is one less thing on the list of to-dos.

For the rear I have to mount the belts to the floor. What size plate do I gave to have around the bolt? I have seen everything from use a 2 inch washer to a 4 inch plate. What is correct?

Attachments

• seat.jpg
    seat.jpg
    838.5 KB · Views: 88
  • 41garage.PNG
    41garage.PNG
    208.5 KB · Views: 85
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor