Seatbelt question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
I'm pretty sure the bucket seat cars front inners are the only ones that differ from bench seat cars. Can anyone verify that the retractors are the same for both?

O. D. Showtime

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 6, 2009
Regina Sask. Canada
Brian if I have it right I believe somewhere around 85? the buckle got smaller whether buckets or not.

**Did some digging here and found a passenger side inner from..if I remember correctly an 85 Bonneville...I can't recall it's been awhile..

Plastic buckles..

Mr4n3h.jpg

and a male that I pulled from an 83 Cutlass I think it was...

steel buckle..

HL1KCs.jpg

They do not snap together...the male metal buckle is too big...or the plastic covered female is too small whichever way you want to say it..lol

**Edit again...I think the black one was out of a Bonneville..just found a pic of the back rear belts and I seem to remember that I couldn't put a complete set together due to condition so I took what was nice..

sndtx2.jpg

Last edited:

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
Thanks Kevin

I was pretty sure the inners for buckets are longer than the bench, I will have to check the tongues and buckles now to make sure I have a workable set.

Tell me more about the 83 Cutlass belts, I may need some for the coupe.

I really need to take an inventory of what I have and don't, there seem to be too many cars in various stages of disassembly around here at the moment.

O. D. Showtime

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 6, 2009
Regina Sask. Canada
The bucket inners are of course straight as you know...this is a pair of dark blue I sold not long ago and now I have none left to do a comparison for you..

7C6Cvn.jpg

Cutlass rears are a complete set and I have them listed in my This and That II for sale thread at $5 for the rear set.....still got em..

kyDyKj.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor