Seats, I know....

Status
Not open for further replies.

smokybob

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 16, 2016
Jacksonville, FL
Brand new here. I have a 1978 Monte Carlo im redoing. Will Cadillac seats from a Fleetwood or deville fit into a Gbody? I have heard different things from people. Has anyone here tried something like this? I have buckets right now.

Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
I have seen it done, a tight fit.

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
The Cadillac's are wider and would probably be a very tight fit and if they are from a 4 door they would not have the flip forward feature to access the back seat.
If your front buckets are original you should have no problem selling those when the time comes.

clean8485

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 18, 2005
Ontario, Canada
Be very careful before you commit to swapping seats. Take some measurements, especially of the amount of space that you have between the console and the door panel when the door is closed. I have a pair a front bucket seats here from a '93 Pontiac Bonneville SSEi, that I thought would make a cool swap into my '84 Monte SS, but they're just too wide. I tried one in the car, and I couldn't close the door with the Bonneville seat in it. I found though, that there are many different GM bucket seats that will fit, and in most cases, those seats will bolt directly to the stock A/G body bucket seat tracks. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor