seats into G body

Status
Not open for further replies.

averagewhiteboy

Master Mechanic
Jun 7, 2006
Pittsburgh, PA
Hey guys...

I was wondering what other seats fit int oa G body with little or no modification. I've seen another member on here that has Camaro seats.

I have a bench and i'd rather have buckets.

:wink:

clean8485

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 18, 2005
Ontario, Canada
I've seen Fiero seats in a couple of these cars. If you use the correct bucket seat racks for your car, there are probably a number of different styles of GM bucket seats that will fit those seat tracks, and give you sme different choices for your car.

averagewhiteboy

Master Mechanic
Jun 7, 2006
Pittsburgh, PA
Fiero seats are nice. I'd actually LOVE to have the factory sport ones for my GP from the earyl 80's. The ones that look like the old Trans Am seats. Those are dope. But otherwise, I might just buy some Monte SS buckets and put the GN coverings on them if you can do that. Because I'm going for a grey and black look on my GP, so the grey and black GN seat material would look GREAT!

8)

Jman

Greasemonkey
Jan 4, 2006
Ontario
Don't qoute me on this but I'm pretty sure if your car was a bench seat from the factory then you would need to install the floor pieces near the transmission hump to mount the seats to the floor. you would need to find a donor car and cut and weld.

I put S-10 seats in my SS and they are a 2-tone grey/black and much nicer then the factory SS seats. All I did was swap the seat tracks.

Jman

Greasemonkey
Jan 4, 2006
Ontario
As long as the seats themselves have the same bolt pattern for the seat tracks.

~JM~

n00b
Feb 1, 2006
I installed some used Recaro's I found into my 78 Malibu with the factory bench seat.

I used a pair of Scat mounting brackets that I ordered through Summit for the bench seat model G-body. I did NOT have to use the extra floor braces/risers near the transmission tunnel because the Scat brackets made up the difference.

~JM~

biff85ta

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 9, 2006
As long as the car has at least a split bench the conversion is easy. You just need to find the GM seats you like bolt them to your track and pop them in the car.

Chevyman85

G-Body Guru
Oct 25, 2006
Bonney Lake, WA
averagewhiteboy said:
So then I can basically use any seat out of any car as long as I use my brackets? lol. More or less?
You can use any seat as long as you get the brackets that go with it. It'll be hard to find something that will use the factory rails. And if you have a full bench its out of the question. I'd find something that you liked and make sure it has all the hardware, it will save you a headache! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor