Seats lower or further back?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ham1974

Greasemonkey
Oct 6, 2012
I have an 86 Monte Carlo SS the problem I have is I am 6’2 about 320 lbs. so there is not much headroom in the car. Anyone have ideas for lowering the seats? I thought about sliding them back and bolting them to floor? Thoughts?

melloelky

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 22, 2017
mass
what about removing the front seats and sitting in the back seat and drive?:)high tower did that in police academy,he was a big dude.

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
I made brackets to move my seats about 2.25" farther back using 1/4" plate and 3/8" grade 8 bolts.
IMG_1806.jpg
IMG_1807.jpg

• Informative
  • Creative
Reactions: 2 users

ham1974

Greasemonkey
Oct 6, 2012
what about removing the front seats and sitting in the back seat and drive?:)high tower did that in police academy,he was a big dude.
Arnold swarzeneger in commando did it to. Looks like an easy conversion.

Reactions: 1 user

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
Would you have a rough sketch of those?

I think the picture is better than any ruff sketch. If you are looking for a diagram with measurements all you have to do is transplant the position of the studs to whatever distance you want to move the seats

ham1974

Greasemonkey
Oct 6, 2012
I think the picture is better than any ruff sketch. If you are looking for a diagram with measurements all you have to do is transplant the position of the studs to whatever distance you want to move the seats
That will give me more room but won’t do anything about the headroom. I was thinking more like behind the humps.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
That will give me more room but won’t do anything about the headroom. I was thinking more like behind the humps.

you can use the same design and put in joggles in the pieces to drop it down after the platforms. You will have to make them longer though. If you have a welder you could always shorten the pedestals on the seat rails.

Last edited:

melloelky

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 22, 2017
mass
what about taking his idea and modifying it,use the current seat studs on top of the humps to anchor them and go further back and have the brackets step down towards the floor?sorry if i'm painting a strange picture.like back down and back ~|_
*pontiacgp beat me to it*

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor