Sebring Cooling Fans

Status
Not open for further replies.

57 Handyman

Master Mechanic
Feb 6, 2017
First of all, test your hypothesis that both the yellow and brown wires being 12V+ sources. Both are probably wires for running the larger fan in low and high speeds with the fan speed controlled by the computer. As for the smaller fan, that would likely be used for whenever the AC is turned on. With regard to operating both fans separately, that can be done using relays. The triggers for the relays would be an engine temp sensor and a tap into the AC compressor clutch.

Hope this helps...Merry Christmas!

Rgpmalibu

Greasemonkey
Oct 7, 2020
First of all, test your hypothesis that both the yellow and brown wires being 12V+ sources. Both are probably wires for running the larger fan in low and high speeds with the fan speed controlled by the computer. As for the smaller fan, that would likely be used for whenever the AC is turned on. With regard to operating both fans separately, that can be done using relays. The triggers for the relays would be an engine temp sensor and a tap into the AC compressor clutch.

First of all, thank you and Merry Christmas! I'm thinking these fans are low and hi speed. My signal to turn them on is from the pcm. I'm going to test to see if one input gives me high speed, and one low speed. Then I've got the relay diagram figured out. Sometimes its tricky going from the theoretical to the practical, but it'll give me something to figure out after unwrapping presents and before having too much to drink and falling asleep early! Again, thanks and Merry Christmas!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor