HELP Seeking Info For Ignition Coil Wiring Harness Repair Kit

Status
Not open for further replies.

synoptic12

Greasemonkey
Jun 10, 2012
U.S.
I need some assistance regarding the leads which go to the HEI Distributor; namely 2 pig tales. One clip snapped but I was still able to insert the plug. Olds 1986 Cut. Sup. Brougham 5.0 Liter (Y). Any assistance is appreciated. If the post is not clear, I can attach some photos. Thanks.

*On the below pig tail, the clip snapped. Should I replace? I still plugged the pig tail in.

Attachments

• DC CAP.jpg
    DC CAP.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 207
  • HEI PIGTAIL.jpg
    HEI PIGTAIL.jpg
    5.8 KB · Views: 195
Last edited:
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
The red one is key on 12 volt power and the other one, usually green is for the tachometer. They can b separate or together. The one that plugs in behind is for the pick up coil.

Reactions: 1 user

synoptic12

Greasemonkey
Jun 10, 2012
U.S.
Thanks, have no tach. They are different pigtails, are they not (Size)? I did not bother to see where they are connected (the other ends). Would Summit have both sizes and would you bother replacing? How much trouble is it? The car is running fine but don't wish to lose a connection- 'highly unlikely'.

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan

synoptic12

Greasemonkey
Jun 10, 2012
U.S.
https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog...ctrical-connector,distributor+connector,10812

Is this it?

You always have the option of using spade connectors. Can you get a pic of your plugs?
Thanks very much. It looks very close. I'll get a picture tomorrow. Not a fan of spade connectors or splicing. Where does the other end of the leads attach; 'the distributor'? I'll post some photos tomorrow. Irrespective of the above, without the snap clip, is there any detriment to the connection? I was performing a tune-up when I popped the clip by accident. The car seems to be running fine, 'really hate errors and correcting them', especially when a improvised approach ( spade connectors) are required. I like everything as it was. Thanks very much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor