Sellers and Ebay Disgust Me

Status
Not open for further replies.

blk7gxn

Royal Smart Person
Feb 7, 2019
Just browsing Ebay for NOS Buick Grand National Parts ( kinda a hobby of mine collecting NOS parts) when I run across this listing. One of SO MANY it seems lately where Either sellers are proclaiming parts to fit vehicles that they DON'T, OR Ebay has these vehicle and part fitment tools on the listing, and that's about as trustworthy as a salesman selling a car warranty at the dealer. Here is what i found today, a NOS disc clutch for a standard transmission, "will fit a 1987 Grand National" !!???? That's amazing since EVERY GRAND NATIONAL IS AUTOMATIC from the Factory. :blam: Im tempted to message this seller, but i will gather myself and move on.

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-5...0001&campid=5335822911&icep_item=263088658012

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Everything fits with the right sized hammer.

• Agree
  • Useful
  • Haha
Reactions: 2 users

Mac442

Master Mechanic
Apr 25, 2020
Ocean County, NJ
I’ve noticed this too. I think some sellers include as many possible makes and models as possible for more views.

On the other hand, I’ve seen parts on eBay that I know fit my car and the parts fitment tool on the site says it doesn’t fit.

And don’t get me started on FWD Cutlass parts being sold under Cutlass Salon, 442 etc.

Reactions: 1 users

blk7gxn

Royal Smart Person
Feb 7, 2019
I’ve noticed this too. I think some sellers include as many possible makes and models as possible for more views.

On the other hand, I’ve seen parts on eBay that I know fit my car and the parts fitment tool on the site says it doesn’t fit.

And don’t get me started on FWD Cutlass parts being sold under Cutlass Salon, 442 etc.
TRUE that!!! A 2020 NOS navigation system for a lincoln....."Will fit 1908-1927 Model T" :blam: :sneaky:

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

81Regal

Royal Smart Person
Apr 5, 2009
Terril Iowa
You got it exactly right there. How many people think of a GN before they would think a Regal Limited if you did a random survey just because of advertising and the internet.
As a person that has sold for years on Ebay if you list a part as fitting a Monte SS or GN it will likely sell right away, Cutlass and Regal take a bit longer. Pontiac parts take a long time.
Another point as far as why the front wheel drive gets lumped into the same group as rear wheel drive is the ancient programming on the site.
With the new payment system that will be used fully starting in June, there will no longer be any cars and trucks able to be sold on the site.

blk7gxn

Royal Smart Person
Feb 7, 2019
You got it exactly right there. How many people think of a GN before they would think a Regal Limited if you did a random survey just because of advertising and the internet.
As a person that has sold for years on Ebay if you list a part as fitting a Monte SS or GN it will likely sell right away, Cutlass and Regal take a bit longer. Pontiac parts take a long time.
Another point as far as why the front wheel drive gets lumped into the same group as rear wheel drive is the ancient programming on the site.
With the new payment system that will be used fully starting in June, there will no longer be any cars and trucks able to be sold on the site.
Some great points!! And what's this new payment program starting in June??

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
I thought i would hang it from the rear view mirror as a dream catcher :p

I have the matching flywheel you can use as a gas pedal.

Clone TIE Pilot

Comic Book Super Hero
Aug 14, 2011
Galaxy far far away

Its not just ebay sellers who consolidating part applications. Replacement part manufacturers , both aftermarket and OEM have been pulling this for years. Often they will lie and say a base model spec part will fit a performance sub model.

• Agree
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor