Selling 1988 hurst olds

Status
Not open for further replies.

dudeface

Master Mechanic
Aug 18, 2008
calgary alberta canada
that is a very sweet car...........whats the paint code for that color you used?
oh................and there was no 1988 hurst olds produced, so ya might wanna rephrase that to clone or something. the last H/O was in 1984

peace

Jadrat1

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 11, 2011
Yeah we were confused by that as well when I got the car from a relative passing away. Check out hurst olds club of America.

http://www.hurstolds.com/history/

1988 a hurst was produced to celebrate the anniversary. There were not allot made at all. They mainly consisted of the ground effects package, so it was mainly a cosmetic package. But from what the people at the club told me it's a "hurst". I don't have the kit on now however because it rides way to low with them on. They don't get along with speed bumps.

dudeface

Master Mechanic
Aug 18, 2008
calgary alberta canada
ya........seen that info before. kinda sketchy as to the accuracy of these 88 H/O. being only 4 originals, and the badging if ya factory ordered the aero kit, then all the kits installed by do it yourself guys and other shops, very hard to verify which is what. if it is a factory ordered badged H/O...........you not asking enough if ya ask me. if its one of the original 4........asking way way to little. do ya got the original paperwork or anything? anyways very nice car, I would not sell or less than 10 grand

still curious the paint code?

peace

dogsht

Royal Smart Person
Nov 11, 2008
Dayton, OH
Hmnn can GM provide the vin #s for the 4? Do you also have the.original correctly tagged transmission? A collector might give you more if it had the original motor & trans in it. And the dash you cut up to put gauges in could probably be replaced as well. I mean if you are trying to get collector price for being an original HO.

Jadrat1

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 11, 2011
I do have have the original emblems. It is not an original 4. The trans I will have to ask my dad about. He has all the parts at his house. I will look into the paint color. I'm sure he still has the info. The dash was just a panel we took of a parted out 88 and altered. Still have the original to pop in if needed.

88hurstolds

Royal Smart Person
Jun 24, 2008
The 1988 Cutlass GT WAS NOT a GM car, it was a custom job by some dealership in North Carolina.
They came with incorrect (to the GM scoops and wings offered in 83-84) aftermarket what looks like El Camino hood scoops and wings with incorrcet pedistal spacing. Of the 400 to be customized only around 200 or so were made... they're nothing special...

GM DIDoffer the LV2 sports coupe with only 32??? being made and Action Products in Tempe, AZ which later was moved to Hurst Special Vehicles by Jack "Doc" Watson offered a 20th Anniversary Aero kit if applied to the 1988 Cutlass Supreme Classic and a regular Aero kit if applied to an 81-87 Cutlass. It's estimated that around 100 of these kits were ever made and around 30 - 40 being sold to 1988 Cutlass owners who received the 20th Anniversary decal and badging package.

I know this car... I've seen it before in the past.
Nice car but at that price it's not gonna sell unless it has the Aero kit put back on properly and the badging replaced.

I bought my 88 CSC for around that price and it's loaded with buckets/console/Lightning Rods, W-25 hood and a heafty 455/400/3.08 Posi drive train not to mention over $17,000 in receipts for NOS parts, motor work, and paint... it was just appraised for over $16,000 which is a joke but hey, I'll take it...

Jadrat1

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 11, 2011
Really dude... Again.. Stop being a price cop. You have never even seen my car!!!

88hurstolds

Royal Smart Person
Jun 24, 2008
Jadrat1 said:
Really dude... Again.. Stop being a price cop. You have never even seen my car!!!
This is not the for sale section but an open discussion forum, if you can't handle discussion forums then don't post in them.
Where my problem arises with discussion forums is when name calling and personal comments start getting involved, that is not the case here...
I can see your car in the photos.
The wheel wells are full of over spray.
The tops of the door panels are faded as the pillow top, dash looks nice.
I have previous photos of your car that are larger and show the Aero kit on them, looked nice then.
Throw the kit on there and you'll have yourself a nice car, as it sits it is a Cutlass Supreme Classic Brougham with the Aero kit on the side, EXACTLY like my car is. So technically it's not a 20th Anniversary Hurst/Olds, just like my car and I don't go advertizing it as one.
Jadrat1 said:
1988 hurst olds. Last year hurst olds were ever made!!
Relax, you wouldn't survive on the other forums... this is one of the nicer ones out there :lol:

bill

Royal Smart Person
Jul 11, 2008
southside va/lake gaston
:popcorn:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor