SEM News

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikester

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 10, 2010
Small town NY
This was a shock.
Ive been using SEM Euro Black Trim Paint in an aerosol for painting small parts like nuts and bolts. I found it to be a close match to Hot Rod black. I went to buy another can the other day and I found out it was discontinued. When I called the tech support line to find out if anything took its place I told the guy that I told a lot of people about their free color matching service. He went on to tell me that the woman that did it wasnt with the company anymore. Needless to say I was surprised.
Turns out SEM was bought out by PPG. They no longer do color matching in house and Anne's position was eliminated. I was also told not many customers are happy with that decision.
Another small business gobbled up by an empire. I wonder how long SEM will remain a quality product.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 7 users

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
I'm shocked to hear, more to see it happened last year.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
Dayum, I literally just ran out of it yesterday! I was gonna grab a can at the paint store the other day but they didn't have any...now I know why!

• Sad

mikester

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 10, 2010
Small town NY
Dayum, I literally just ran out of it yesterday! I was gonna grab a can at the paint store the other day but they didn't have any...now I know why!

FYI, they have a color caller Trim Black Ultra in different glosses but its not really close to the Euro Black.

• Informative
Reactions: 1 users

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
I just recently picked up a can of SEM Trim Black. What's the difference between the Euro trim black and the regular trim black? Is it a matter of gloss levels?

That is bad news indeed. PPG is a conglomerate that has it's hands into many products. That sucks!!

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
I just recently picked up a can of SEM Trim Black. What's the difference between the Euro trim black and the regular trim black? Is it a matter of gloss levels?

That is bad news indeed. PPG is a conglomerate that has it's hands into many products. That sucks!!
Jack, the Euro jet is satin and has just a smidge more sheen than the regular trim black. My grilles, taillight and reverse light surrounds, many bolts and brackets are painted with it. I'm gonna go hunting next week to see if I can find some remaining cans to snatch up.

Reactions: 3 users

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Jack, the Euro jet is satin and has just a smidge more sheen than the regular trim black. My grilles, taillight and reverse light surrounds, many bolts and brackets are painted with it. I'm gonna go hunting next week to see if I can find some remaining cans to snatch up.
Scott,
Thanks for explaining the difference between the two products. I guess it won't make much of a difference to me if some of these products will be discontinued. By all means, if you can still locate some of the original stock....go for it.
In my case, the regular Trim Black suits my purpose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor