SEM News

Status
Not open for further replies.

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
It's stuff like this I wish I had the money to get into mixing interior colors. I had the chance years ago but couldn't secure the needed funds.

Reactions: 2 users

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
Nevermind, I was on a different website. But damn $34 for 1 can with shipping??!
The cans are usually around $20 plus shipping so no matter who you order it from GbodyParts, Mike Monte's etc it is going to be $31+ for a can but the more cans you buy the less average price since shipping only goes up a few dollars per added can.

melloelky

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 22, 2017
mass
the tech rep handed me a new sem catalog friday on the way out the door.i didn't think fast enough to ask about what the future of the trim line is but it got me thinking a little.i started digging through my spray outs from when i was doing my car.on the interior i did my cluster,bezel,column,shifter and some smaller interior parts with the sem HR black. for you folks spraying interior plastics and like the now discontinued euro/HR inside,not all hope is lost.the color coat landau black i used on the dash and the rest of the interior panels was a good match for me against the euro and the HR black. over the years the satin ones have proved to be a better match to the HR & euro blacks.the standard trim blacks from SEM have been on the matte/flatter side things.I'm gonna try and get my hands on some and do a spray out on the satin of the ultra line this week and post the results,maybe there's something there.or not.i got a kick outta my note on the back of the euro sprayout.:).i did like that color
DSCF3862.JPG
DSCF3872.JPG
DSCF3875.JPG

Reactions: 4 users

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
the tech rep handed me a new sem catalog friday on the way out the door.i didn't think fast enough to ask about what the future of the trim line is but it got me thinking a little.i started digging through my spray outs from when i was doing my car.on the interior i did my cluster,bezel,column,shifter and some smaller interior parts with the sem HR black. for you folks spraying interior plastics and like the now discontinued euro/HR inside,not all hope is lost.the color coat landau black i used on the dash and the rest of the interior panels was a good match for me against the euro and the HR black. over the years the satin ones have proved to be a better match to the HR & euro blacks.the standard trim blacks from SEM have been on the matte/flatter side things.I'm gonna try and get my hands on some and do a spray out on the satin of the ultra line this week and post the results,maybe there's something there.or not.i got a kick outta my note on the back of the euro sprayout.:).i did like that color View attachment 132073 View attachment 132074 View attachment 132075
I managed to get the last 2 cans of euro jet satin my paint supplier had. I tried to get them to order more but it wouldn't allow them. Worse case I'll use the Krylon satin black as it's a really close match. So much so that I used it simultaneously on the taillight and reverse light bezels because I was running low on both and had to make due cause I had already started spraying.

Reactions: 1 users

melloelky

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 22, 2017
mass
I managed to get the last 2 cans of euro jet satin my paint supplier had. I tried to get them to order more but it wouldn't allow them. Worse case I'll use the Krylon satin black as it's a really close match. So much so that I used it simultaneously on the taillight and reverse light bezels because I was running low on both and had to make due cause I had already started spraying.
nice.
I'm gonna try and find a can of that color master and see what it looks like too.

melloelky

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 22, 2017
mass
i sprayed that krylon satin that Scott's been using and the new sem ultra satin.that krylon has a nice sheen to it.in my opinion the rite amount.the sem was close to their last version of satin,figured as much though.i'll be saving my cans of euro trim for when company comes over..good find Scott.pardon the poor picture.
DSCF3877.JPG
DSCF3885.JPG

Reactions: 4 users

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
i sprayed that krylon satin that Scott's been using and the new sem ultra satin.that krylon has a nice sheen to it.in my opinion the rite amount.the sem was close to their last version of satin,figured as much though.i'll be saving my cans of euro trim for when company comes over..good find Scott.pardon the poor picture. View attachment 132474 View attachment 132476
No problem Chris, glad I was able to help. Honestly, I stumbled upon the Krylon while being in a crunch one weekend. I was running low on euro jet, none of the supply stores were open, so I came across that at Walmart for less than $5. It matches really well, and for 1/3 of the price def worth it IMO. if the prep process is the same as SEM, it'll hold up as good.

Reactions: 1 user

mikester

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 10, 2010
Small town NY
No problem Chris, glad I was able to help. Honestly, I stumbled upon the Krylon while being in a crunch one weekend. I was running low on euro jet, none of the supply stores were open, so I came across that at Walmart for less than $5. It matches really well, and for 1/3 of the price def worth it IMO. if the prep process is the same as SEM, it'll hold up as good.

I havent had much luck with Krylon lately. Once the VOC laws changed I think the quality of aerosol paints went downhill pretty fast. I used Duplicolor engine paint on a few of my front end parts for my wagon and after sitting out for a month they all had light flash rust. Everything I sprayed with SEM Hot Rod Black out of a gun was still perfect.

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor