PONTIAC Sending Greetings from Ontario, Canada.

Status
Not open for further replies.

g0thiac

G-Body Guru
Sep 6, 2020
Hi there G Body forum!

My name is Chris, I am 26 and have begun collection of classics here in Ontario.

I own 2 vehicles at this time. A 1984 Pontiac Bonneville, and a 1988 Caprice.

While I won't claim to know much about car mechanics, i've been slowly learning. So far I can change tires, oil, coolant, alternators and thermostats.

I'm more skilled in the electrical side of things haha. Which is why I was able to tackle the fuel gauge, lights and stereo.

But I'm proud to say, my Pontiac Bonneville has gotten a roadworthy title, after a summer of welding and rewiring.

Hope to participate here as much as I can. Thanks for taking the time to read my little introduction here. Cheers!

-Chris.

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Welcome aboard Chris!
We all had to start somewhere....some later than others. Don't underestimate book knowledge. However, I feel the best experience is practical experience....hands on.

Reactions: 1 user

g0thiac

G-Body Guru
Sep 6, 2020
Welcome aboard Chris!
We all had to start somewhere....some later than others. Don't underestimate book knowledge. However, I feel the best experience is practical experience....hands on.
Hi! And thanks haha, I did get the Haynes manual, but I definitely agree lol.

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
Hi there G Body forum!

My name is Chris, I am 26 and have begun collection of classics here in Ontario.

I own 2 vehicles at this time. A 1984 Pontiac Bonneville, and a 1988 Caprice.

While I won't claim to know much about car mechanics, i've been slowly learning. So far I can change tires, oil, coolant, alternators and thermostats.

I'm more skilled in the electrical side of things haha. Which is why I was able to tackle the fuel gauge, lights and stereo.

But I'm proud to say, my Pontiac Bonneville has gotten a roadworthy title, after a summer of welding and rewiring.

Hope to participate here as much as I can. Thanks for taking the time to read my little introduction here. Cheers!

-Chris.
Welcome aboard.

Your first 2 purchases: a factory shop manual (not haynes/chilton), and a good set of (older pre-china) craftsman hand tools.

After that it's pretty easy to learn as you go. Most of these cars unbolt everywhere as you've probably started to see. Luckily, there's a very limited amount of stuff you can get into and not fix multiple times till you get it right, even if you mess up along the way.

g0thiac

G-Body Guru
Sep 6, 2020
Welcome aboard.

Your first 2 purchases: a factory shop manual (not haynes/chilton), and a good set of (older pre-china) craftsman hand tools.

After that it's pretty easy to learn as you go. Most of these cars unbolt everywhere as you've probably started to see. Luckily, there's a very limited amount of stuff you can get into and not fix multiple times till you get it right, even if you mess up along the way.
Any ideas where to grab the service manual there? Both vehicles have their regular ones from the 80's.

Will see about purchasing the tools.

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Any ideas where to grab the service manual there? Both vehicles have their regular ones from the 80's.

Will see about purchasing the tools.
Check Ebay and also do a search online for factory shop manuals. There are places out there that deal specifically in shop manuals....or you can post a want ad on the site looking for a particular type manual for your vehicle.

g0thiac

G-Body Guru
Sep 6, 2020

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Which part of Ontariah, eh?

g0thiac

G-Body Guru
Sep 6, 2020
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor