separate blinker from cruising light?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SilverShadow87

Master Mechanic
Dec 3, 2011
i have an idea for the lights in the front and back of the car and i want:
there to be a normal light running at the same brightness all the time, and when i apply the brakes or turn on the blinker for a separate set of lights to come on. how can i go about doing this? im gonna do it in the front, and in the back.

In the rear you could simply disable the brake/turn wire for one of the bulbs, but only half of the light would light up with brake/turn. The front would be more difficult to do within the stock housing. There may be enough room to mount a new marker lamp to the inboard side, but I think the whole light wont light very bright and might not look right. Now if you wanted to add a whole new lens assembly, you would have to find one you like and mount it into the bumper somehow.

FE3X CLONE

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 2, 2009
Ohio
You just described how the stock setup works with a dual filament bulb. ;)

SilverShadow87

Master Mechanic
Dec 3, 2011
thats not what im saying. i mean, think about the new chargers for example. they have the ring thats lit automatically when the lights are on, but the blinkers/brakes are inside of the ring. thats kinda what im talking about... these lights wont be stock or look stock.

FE3X CLONE

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 2, 2009
Ohio
For the rear you could just tie into the existing sidemarker light circuit as it works independently of the turn signal/brake lights.

For the front you may need to run a new wiring harness for the new lights and connect them through a relay to your existing headlight switch.

The quick and easy way would be to just install a separate switch inside the car that would work your aftermarket lights separately from the stock lights.

SilverShadow87

Master Mechanic
Dec 3, 2011
figured it out :D
[youtube]C8nZi95TarY[/youtube]
tails_zpsa7a77bcd.jpg

That looks good! Did you figure out something for the front?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor