Serpentine belt question

Status
Not open for further replies.

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
So I am adding a serpentine belt to my set up to drive my AC compressor and it will only be running from the compressor to the pulley on the crankshaft so my belt length will be approx. 54" and I am wondering do I need an idler pulley for this length.
I do have an adjustment to where I can tighten the belt.

20180804_190632_resized.jpg

Last edited:

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
It looks like you have a 7 ribbed A/C pulley so with 7 rib belt I don't think you'll need an idle pulley

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
It looks like you have a 7 ribbed A/C pulley so with 7 rib belt I don't think you'll need an idle pulley
The crank pulley is a 6 rib and the compressor is a 7 rib, I was told by Vintage Air that they use a 7 groove to give options for alignment of a 6 groove belt.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
even with a 6 rib I don't think you are having a problem....with all this talk about ribs I'm getting hungry...:)

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor