Serpentine setup BBC Swap GenVI

Status
Not open for further replies.

y5e06

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 29, 2017
ATX
Hi all,

I edited my original post which had a bunch of questions.. In my own saved bookmarks I did some digging in those web pages and found a solution for a GenVI BBC using Vortec SBC serpentine setup. I would expect this has already been covered, but I thought I'd throw this up there in case someone is looking for a possible solution

I'm looking to do a BBC swap in to a GBody and I want to use a Gen VI BBC and '96+ serpentine. Ideally I would use a serpentine setup. However, the few replies and search results I've seen indicate the power steering pump will hit the steering box. At least the ones I've read that were clear said it was the GenV setup (pre '96). I haven't found anything that specifically addresses Gen VI. However, I've come across a Monte with a BBC swap using what appears to be the '96-'00 GenVI serpentine setup. the car is for sale but the owner doesn't know any details of the swap other than it is an old 396. I do have one picture. It looks like a Gen VI setup due to the compressor and how its mounted, like a SBC vortec.

I was planning on getting a GenVI motor anyway for the roller cam and 1pc rear. I really don't like V-belts and I'm not interested in spending $1700+ on a full aftermarket system. I'd be keeping AC & PS.

so somehow I stumbled upon this
which looks to be a perfect solution. I don't mind the cost if I can keep the later years serpentine parts including the much better compressor than the older R4 etc.

for other combos these look interesting

the pic is the car thats for sale and I bet this is the brackets, or similar, that were used.

Attachments

• ScreenHunter_3179 Dec. 24 11.41.jpg
    ScreenHunter_3179 Dec. 24 11.41.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 95
Last edited:

scoti

Royal Smart Person
Sep 5, 2019
Texas
I have their adapter brackets for the earlier SBC serpentine set-up (88-94) on the front of my 7.4l BBC in my Squarebody dually.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor