Serpentine setup on olds 403

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bri guy

G-Body Guru
May 18, 2018
Removed my burnt up ac parts and now im Getting tired of the belts squealing after a couple months of replacing. Would getting a serpentine belt setup worth looking into? Everything looks clean and aligned. Not a fan of the V belt at all.......even slips when I get on it. Found this setup online, is this accurate to put on my built 1977 olds 403?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20181002-191119.png
    Screenshot_20181002-191119.png
    216.9 KB · Views: 272

Tuffregal83

G-Body Guru
Mar 30, 2016
Lockport, Il
I was just talking about this saw the serpentine setup in the post Q Jets new questions

Bri guy

G-Body Guru
May 18, 2018
I was just talking about this saw the serpentine setup in the post Q Jets new questions
I just looked that up. Must work out then. Not sure how much modification it will need. But would be nice to have

Reactions: 1 user

foxtrot

Royal Smart Person
Dec 19, 2008
USA
Pots lots of pics of the journey and the finished product, this will help out other folks performing this upgrade down the road.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

Bri guy

G-Body Guru
May 18, 2018
Will do. Should be a good little winter project. That and other stuff

Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
The passenger side sbc serpentine set up off a sbc bolts on once the bottom triangle piece is cut off. The sbc bottom pulley can work but needs the edge ground off and spaced out an inch or so. The PS hoses are the same thread as the g body, they just need the o ring extension ground off. The passenger side needs a custom made bracket, one bolt lining up doesn't cut it. I tried and it failed and ate belts. As said, stock sbc serpentine alternator with the adapter harness. The other component you must have is a RWD, the FWD water pump is totally different, Olds 4.3 V6 diesel reverse rotation water pump. Good luck it can be done. Another option is find a non A/C passenger side alternator set up, I am running them on both my Olds V8's. I had to fine tune them since I didn't have the pulleys or the same as stock length water pump, I believe there are 4 different lengths for the Olds V8, good luck.

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor