SERVER MOVE DONE!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GP403

Administrator
Site Admin
Feb 25, 2005
Rolla, MO
Hey everyone, just a quick heads up. I'm going to be moving the site between servers tonight sometime, not exactly sure when but you'll know when its happening.

The current site will be "closed." If I remember it shows a "this board has been disabled blah blah blah" or something like that. Then I'll get all the database and files synced, and get everything pointed to the new machine. When you see that message disappear, it means you're on the new server. Hopefully you won't see it for more than like 10-15 minutes, but if your ISP plays games and caches DNS or other weird stuff it could be longer. Either that or I'm running into problems and its taking longer than I planned lol.

This is totally unrelated to the upgrade, which is coming real soon still. I just need to get the site moved to the new hardware. Then worry about the upgrade.

Just a heads up if you see that message. Don't panic. I don't plan on doing it until after 10pm CDT or so.

Reactions: 4 users

GP403

Administrator
Site Admin
Feb 25, 2005
Rolla, MO
It could jack up e-mail delivery (usually does in some manner) so there's that, too.

GP403

Administrator
Site Admin
Feb 25, 2005
Rolla, MO
ITS TIME..... See you on the other side....

GP403

Administrator
Site Admin
Feb 25, 2005
Rolla, MO
Well, ok then. If you notice anything broken or not getting e-mail, etc. etc. etc. please PLEASE let me know ASAP with as much info about the problem as you can. Many thanks and hope it kicks *ss.

Reactions: 1 users

GP403

Administrator
Site Admin
Feb 25, 2005
Rolla, MO
knock on wood but this thing is totally shredding it. why didn't I do this sooner lol

Reactions: 3 users

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
Thanks for the great job you do running this site. There is no better place online.

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
These aren't my glasses...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor