Service 4WD message

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emmanuel cuellar

G-Body Guru
Aug 8, 2017
I leased my truck from the dealership about 2 years ago, 2016 GMC Sierra SLT 4x4 with 9 miles, i got about ober 30k miles in it now. On Monday when i pulled it out it kept reading service 4wd and it felt as if the truck would stall and want to lock up. I took it to a friends shop and he said its to new for him to mess with to take it to the dealership. So that night i googled it to kind of see what i was going to get my self into, but did not find a main thing of what it could be. So i took it to the dealer ship yesterday and i got the call today saying its my traction control module plus my tires are worn out and i they recomend an alignment and new tires. The module was covered by the warranty but the alignment and 4 new tires came out to be $$832.65. Point being lol im getting tired of bad luck with cars and am strongly considering an electric scooter
image.jpg

Last edited:

Streetbu

Know it all, that doesn't
Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
You might need tires and an aligmnet, but that had nothing to do with the 4wd light. They are just trying to upsell you. Shop around and get tires where ever you want. Alignment isn't a bad idea but unless it's pulling, that's probably fine too.

Reactions: 2 users

lilbowtie

Comic Book Super Hero
Jan 7, 2006
Canton Mi
Truck is under warenty so no problem - as far as the tires go are you rotating as required, could you have knocked the front end out of alignment?? I have 65,000 on my 4X4 Silverado and getting ready for tires before winter. Volts aren't cheap either.

Reactions: 1 users

Streetbu

Know it all, that doesn't
Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
$35 to mount and balance a single tire...?!?!? Yeah, don't get your tires there!

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
$35 to mount and balance a single tire...?!?!? Yeah, don't get your tires there!

when they give a quote you can always say no....and if the vehicle does need tires which should be obvious get a quote from a tire discounter

Wageslave

Royal Smart Person
Jan 25, 2017
I have a Silverado with the 20" version of those tires, and I believe they are only rated for 40,000 miles. I am at 32,000 now and I have about 3/32'nds left until I hit the wear bars. I would say they weren't too far off if your alignment was wearing your fronts a little. That being said, it seems odd that your alignment would be off unless there was a front suspension component failing.

FYI, You might want to blot out the rest of your personal info. and VIN on that sheet.

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor