Set of mid-length headers that actually fit 5th gen?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michaelweez

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 15, 2016
Forgive me if this has already been covered but I cannot seem to find a straight answer on what brand/brands currently make a mid length header (or even shorty for that matter) that fit well on a 5th gen el camino. I just finished up a top end overhaul on my 84 305 and I broke one of the manifold to y pipe studs clean off. I got the y pipe back on sans that 1 bolt (leak city I am sure) and I do not like how the y pipe is fitting with the 700r4 now (right downpipe is resting against the case - K case). Does anyone have first hand experience with a quality set of shorty or mid length headers that will work for my application?

el camino ss 84

Master Mechanic
Oct 23, 2016
Nw okc
I know longtube headers will fix especially the flowtech brand. if you want to go that route. on my friends el camino we used shorty's that were made for 82-92 camaro just don't know the brand though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor