sguiggly coiled (Flex joint / circle) brake lines out of master cylinder needed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

1KWIKSIX

Greasemonkey
Jun 26, 2017
Mississauga , Ontario, Canada
I'm installing a new Wildwood MC with adjustable proportioning valve mounted to the side and am about to plumb up new brake lines.
Wondering if the coiled / squiggly flex joint / circle portion located on the stock brake lines at this area are required? What is the purpose of these.
New body bushings have been installed so there should be little to no movement between the body and frame.

Don't have a lot of room on the inner fender area where all this will be located as I've got to install some wildwood residual pressure valves in line and would prefer not to also have the short coiled section of brake line located here too.

Any comments or suggestions would be appreciated.

thx

dave

Gbody coiled brake line2.jpg

MC96

Master Mechanic
Dec 7, 2015
Run a -3 flex line to the frame with some slop in it. (The coils are to account for frame to body articulation)

• Agree
Reactions: 4 users

-83MONTESS-

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 4, 2010
Bellevue, Ohio
Run a -3 flex line to the frame with some slop in it. (The coils are to account for frame to body articulation)
Exactly this. Im in the middle of doing this right now. I had brand new brake lines but with my big block slip tube headers one tube is too close to one of the lines and im not a fan of it.

Reactions: 1 user

axisg

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 17, 2007
YYZ
I have seen an S bend used instead of coils. Specifically both lines were bent in the same manner and interlocked each other. I suppose it would serve the same purpose

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
I used Cunifer tubing when I did my Regal and just made new lines by pulling them around a steel pipe that matched what I wanted for the I.D.

IMG_1762.JPG

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor