Sheet metal Dash panels for switches and gauges.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyscuffle

Master Mechanic
May 24, 2014
Keysville, VA
What is everyone doing for fastening custom made panels to the dash in place of the factory stuff?? Pictures would be great. Also its for an 87 cutlass

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
IMG_0456.jpg

I made my dash inserts out of aluminum sheet, I used stainless steel buttonhead bolts that fasten to Nutserts that I installed in the original part of the dash after I clearanced it for the gauges. I made it this way so I have easy access to wiring or bulbs without having to remove the entire dash face.
I painted everything black with SEM and installed my Autometer Ultralites which I also painted the bezels black to match.

Last edited:

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
Man, that is a thing of beauty. I completely forgot about nutserts. Thanks so much dude!
I appreciate the compliment, I also used Nutserts to mount my switch panel to my center console that has all the nitrous toggle switches and purge button.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor