Shifter cable routing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Local Hero

G-Body Guru
Nov 24, 2016
Northcoast, Cleveland, Ohio
I'd like to know what you wind up doing. I put a B&M Quicksilver in my car and I had to get a relay for the neutral safety.

I spliced into the trigger wire for the starter and ran that to the neutral safety switch. It works great as long as the microswitch is adjusted correctly. But then again, no matter what route you go, the switch needs to be adjusted correctly anyway.

Reactions: 1 user

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
I missed this thread until this morning. Here is how I've routed my shifter cables for years! Shifter is a Hurst Vmatic 3, but most are similar.
Cable exits in front of shifter and goes down on driver side of trans, then loops as wide as possible to keep out kinks as others have said. I have part of the cable wrapped with DEI cool tape to protect from the exhaust. Pics...
20190825_082253.jpg
20190825_082330.jpg
20190825_082400.jpg

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor