Shocks

Status
Not open for further replies.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I have monroe sensatrac in the rear and am sorta happy with them. I have to change the fronts and before I go with the sensatracs does anyone have any sugestions what shock is best? I have Eiback pro kits coils on the car. The rear shocks I have a realtivley new but I have no problem switching them out if there is something better

thanks .. :D

85t5mcss

Master Mechanic
Apr 24, 2006
Indy, IN
i have SensaTrac on my 85SS at all 4 corners. Way too soft for my taste. I prefer handling around a corner vs. the plush ride. And yes, they r nice for cruising.

SBCregal

Master Mechanic
Jan 22, 2006
I have kyb gas-a-justs on all 4 corners of my regal. They're nice and stiff and make the car handle pretty decently. I have the f-body springs (I think) in the front and cargo coils in the rear.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
thanks for the imput.....and I had the same problem with air shocks I put on a vehicle I used for towing. They were fine pumped up but usless when running around with no weight. I have the same issue with the sensatrack, they are too soft. Looks like I'll be going with the kyb...

85t5mcss

Master Mechanic
Apr 24, 2006
Indy, IN
Bilsteins r the best that I have found, excluding the adjustables. I've had them in the past on another Monte, and going back to them again. Too bad I've never run KYBs to compare them with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor