Shopping List

Status
Not open for further replies.

MechMan

Master Mechanic
Sep 13, 2018
Kingsport, TN
I am currently planning on a LS swap into a 83-88 Monte Carlo SS. This project has some time before it is started but I want to do my homwork and get a budget in place. I think I have decided on a LQ4, L92 heads, & a LS3 intake. I was curious was there any advantage to get a LQ9 over the LQ4 and if I can get the motor complete is there anything that i can reuse to cut costs? Obviously I am looking to do fuel injection so I know I will need a wiring harness and PCM.

Northernregal

Sloppy McRodbender
Oct 24, 2017
Red Deer, Northern Montana territory
I am doing about the same build, the only advantage to the LQ9 would be the flat top pistons for about a half a point more compression, otherwise they are identical.

You can reuse almost everything, except the rockers on the 317 heads, the intake, fuel rails (I think, not totally sure), and the throttle body. There are people reusing the TTY head bolts and gaskets for boosted applications so if you are N/A you should be gold. Torque to 55 ft/lbs seems to be the magic number for the TTY head bolts, but your mileage may vary. Lots of info and youtube knowledge out there if you put in the time to watch like a days worth of sloppy mechanics channel. I prefer sunday when I don't have to wear pants.

Reactions: 1 user

Northernregal

Sloppy McRodbender
Oct 24, 2017
Red Deer, Northern Montana territory
I am planning on putting on L92 heads and a LS3 intake manifold.

I’m doing L92 heads with the truck manifold. It’s a very potent setup either way, big flow numbers. If my parts order shows up the build will be in my build thread in the next 2 or 3 weeks.

clean8485

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 18, 2005
Ontario, Canada
I'm not knocking this site at all, because there are good people and good info here, but there is a site called ls1tech.com, and there is alot of information to be found there.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor