Short introduction

Status
Not open for further replies.

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
I can't see it being that street friendly running dual quads.....and I agree with you Grunt, it will be measured by GPM rather than MPG...:giggle:
You're better off running a single Holley or a well prepared Q-jet. A lot of it depends on how the car will be driven, cam specs, convertor stall, and gear ratio. All of those factors will come into play. Dual quads look awesome, and I'm sure will perform well.... if tuned and setup properly.

RickMalibu

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 15, 2020
Netherlands
Rick,
I see a dual quad manifold on it now. What carbs and CFM will you be running? Too bad you're unable to get it cranked up and broken in before you put it away. Good luck with your further progress.
I'm going to run 2 Impco 425 carbs, rated at 460 cfm each. The car is going to run on Propane since petrol in my country is around 8,50/9 dollas per gallon

So, will that be MPG or GPM with the dual quads. Regardless SPG's should be awsome. :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:
Hahah well yeah... Glad it isn't going to be my daily driver

Reactions: 1 users

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
I'm going to run 2 Impco 425 carbs, rated at 460 cfm each. The car is going to run on Propane since petrol in my country is around 8,50/9 dollas per gallon

Hahah well yeah... Glad it isn't going to be my daily driver
That sounds like an interesting combination. You're going to have to let us know how it works out, and runs, after you get it setup. Good luck!

Reactions: 1 user

RickMalibu

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 15, 2020
Netherlands
That sounds like an interesting combination. You're going to have to let us know how it works out, and runs, after you get it setup. Good luck!
Yeah hopefully spring 2022 the car will be running, It's going on the dyno then to tune it.

Reactions: 1 user
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
Nice car, welcome!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor