Status
Not open for further replies.

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Welcome to the forum Rick.
Nice Malibu. I like what you've done to it. I'm glad you lost the side pipes. They're so '7o's.
Nice color choice, too.

RickMalibu

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 15, 2020
Netherlands
Thanks everyone (y)
Here is a pic off the engine bay:
Malibu 009.JPG

Nothing special really, about 2 months ago i removed the engine because it had a oil leak on the oil pan, when the engine was out is spraypainted the firewall black.
The rest off the engine bay needs to be done some other time, but that is going to happen when I am going to swap this engine out for a new build crate engine hopefully summer off 2021.
And for those who are asking what all that sh*t on the passenger side is, well thats for my propane system. The car runs on propane with an IMPCO system.

And aswell some pics off my daily driver:
Chrysler 002.jpg

Chrysler 003.JPG

Reactions: 1 users

RickMalibu

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 15, 2020
Netherlands
I Bought a engine last summer, a 355 making 500hp at the crank.
IMG_0632.PNG

The plan was to paint this engine and get all parts slowly to build it for my specific application.
Sadly, my 305 died this summer, so now I needed to speed things a little bit up.

IMG_0653.jpg

Removed some parts which I'm not going to use:

0C1E2C9B-95EB-4F15-848A-907FD0068281.JPG

I used VHT products to paint my engine

IMG_1841.jpg

IMG_1853.jpg

IMG_1869.JPG

I got the old engine out, and had some time to clean up my engine bay and paint it:

IMG_1936.jpg

The new engine got in it's place last week, I now need to get the last pieces to make it complete and get it up and running.

IMG_1968.jpg

IMG_1974.jpg

Won't be up and running before next year, since I have no garage at my house.

Reactions: 3 users

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Rick,
I see a dual quad manifold on it now. What carbs and CFM will you be running? Too bad you're unable to get it cranked up and broken in before you put it away. Good luck with your further progress.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor