Master Mechanic
May 6, 2015
NY
I did it.

Rt Jam

G-Body Guru
Mar 30, 2020
Ontario Canada
This question is missing an important piece of information. Was the oil changed before storage? The proper answer is yes, it should be changed so the engine does not sit with contaminants all winter. If so they there is Zero reason to change it after storage. It saw no contaminants from blowby or combustion and no moisture, unless you started it a few times during storage.

Manufacturers who advise of a time interval are not relating to stored cars that have drove zero run time. They are concerned for short trip cars. That's bad, just like starting during storage.

I know many people do it but I do not support cranking to gain oil pressure. I know it makes you feel good but there are many things in the engine that are not lubricated during cranking. The cylinder walls, pistons, rings, small end of connecting rod, most of the valve train, the camshaft lobes and lifters. They need idle or above idle speed to get oil. The best method is instant start or as mentioned a pre luber but who has that?

CopperNick

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2018
Canada
"But who has that?" Ah, we...ell, Me...............

Not a promo here but Canton does offer them as a post build kit to install. You can manually trigger the pre lube charge or use an electrically initiated valve and rig the actuator switch inside your cabin in some quiet corner on the dash. Gimme a day or so and I can assemble a couple of pics of how it all worked for me, just for a reference of sorts.

Nick

Reactions: 1 user

Rt Jam

G-Body Guru
Mar 30, 2020
Ontario Canada
I hope that was not taken wrong. I'm a big fan of accumulator pre lubing but the fact is very, very few cars have them. Rare is a relative term on the internet. There will be somebody.

There is another brand too. Accusump. Also good for road race cars who may lose oil pressure during high g forces.

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor