Should I remove the Air/Smog Pump on my Olds 307?

Status
Not open for further replies.

michael_l_matthews

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 13, 2011
Houston TX
If so can anyone tell me what to do with the lines that coming to and from the pump?

DoubleV

Royal Smart Person
Feb 25, 2011
Medina Ohio
The entire AIR system is garbage. If you don't have a visual inspection where you live, chuck the whole AIR crap into the trash. Your car will be alot easier to work on and look alot nicer too.

When you remove the steel tubes that are screwed into the heads, before you plug those holes with the proper sized pipe plugs, stick a screwdriver into each hole and wiggle it around a little. Pull out the screwdriver and you'll have a small 1" or so sized tube on the end. These stupid tubes protrude into your exhaust ports which hamper flow.

Peter

Royal Smart Person
Jun 27, 2007
MA
id say no don't bother unless your doing an engine overhaul or engine swap. makes no difference to performance and looks only go so far with a 307

85CutlassSalonRyder

Greasemonkey
Jun 4, 2011
Dallas,Texas
I just recently done it myself. I've been wanting to do it for a while actually. It makes changing the valve cover gaskets a sh*t load easier! Hers's a few pics of how I plugged the holes myself...
IMG_20110920_013042.jpg

IMG_20110920_004903.jpg

IMG_20110920_005641.jpg

IMG_20110920_013005.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor