Shroud, Paint or No Paint

Status
Not open for further replies.

JAMCAR223

Royal Smart Person
Jun 6, 2014
Houston, TX.
Mikester, will you post up the results please. Before and after would be great!

Reactions: 1 user

mikester

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 10, 2010
Small town NY
kind of off topic, buy when you switch from V6 to V8, what shroud do you use? 307 cutlass?

Malibu and Monte V8 shrouds are 2 piece. Olds V8 shrouds are 1 piece and arent rounded like the Chevy. Most are flat like the one in my last picture. They also have a seperate metal plate that holds the radiator down. Lots of guys running electric fans use that plate. The one I picked up for the wagon is rounded. Not sure why. Maybe the year.

mikester

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 10, 2010
Small town NY
Mikester, will you post up the results please. Before and after would be great!

Before paint and after paint ? The Cutlass shroud for my 81 in the last picture has been painted if thats what you want to see. Its Duplicolor GM Low Gloss black engine enamel. I'll be glad to post before and after pictures of this one too. Might take some time since its pretty humid here. Its gotta be a good day to paint. I'll update this thread when its done

Reactions: 1 user

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
i wash them with soapy water and use tire gel and a microfiber. Rub it in, let it sit, wipe off. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor