Status
Not open for further replies.

oldsofb

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Dec 7, 2007
Maryland
All,
I'm doing a serpentine conversion on the 442 and I'm using the 91 S10 Blazer style CS Alternator. I have the Napa EC82 Conversion Harness that has the in line resistor. Will this work with the 442 Rally Gauges? Anyone done this swap recently?

Thanks in advance,
Hutch

88AZSS

Master Mechanic
Mar 13, 2018
Mesa, AZ
I know your question was particular to the 442 Rally Gauges but I can say that if theyre similar or the same as the Monte Carlo SS gauge setup as far as how they work, this swap will work just fine. I did the same alternator upgrade and my volt gauge works just fine. The harness you got with the resistor is the key to it working in the first place, this gives the alternator the correct trigger to continue charging.

Reactions: 1 user

oldsofb

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Dec 7, 2007
Maryland
I know your question was particular to the 442 Rally Gauges but I can say that if theyre similar or the same as the Monte Carlo SS gauge setup as far as how they work, this swap will work just fine. I did the same alternator upgrade and my volt gauge works just fine. The harness you got with the resistor is the key to it working in the first place, this gives the alternator the correct trigger to continue charging.
Thank you! I couldn't remember if the charge light bulb off to the right of the gauges served as the excite for the alt and the in-line resistor wasn't necessary.

Hutch

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor