SickSpeedMonte/PTP Clutch Pedal. F-Body vs Universal opinions

What is the better long-term reliable option?

• F-body style master cylinder

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • Universal style master cylinder

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

307 Regal

Royal Smart Person
Oct 21, 2009
Northern Indiana
I would like to use a Pro Touring Products clutch pedal kit, but I don't know which I should buy. Based on community experience, what's the better option?

Desires:
Good function and won't leave me up a creek without a paddle if I need a new master cylinder.

F-body style concerns:
Pushrod is not adjustable, and I've heard more than once that the throw is just barely adequate.

Universal style concerns:
I don't really know what universal is going to mean when it comes to reliability, rebuilding, or replacement.

Streetbu

Know it all, that doesn't
Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
From my experience so far, neither. At this point I can't recommend buying his pedals. It was supposed to be bolt in and go. It's been anything but. I've had the pedal box in and out several times, still needs to come back out again. Haven't had enough throw since day one. All bone stock GM components. He blamed aftermarket parts. Then said, well, you might have to drill a new hole down further on the pedal and sent a template for me to do so. Did that, still not enough. Yes clutch is bled properly.
Guess I'll just have to find the correct geometry myself, in which case why did I spend all this money for a "bolt in" part?

• Useful
  • Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 4 users

airboatgreg

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 2, 2016
When I converted my 82 El C to a Muncie I bought the clutch/brake pedal assembly, bell crank and such. Had a little issue with the through out bearing arm. Probably 4 years now and so far so good

oldsmobile joe

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2015
mpls
I have their pedal and bracket in my tan calais ad has been working great for years. I'm using a stock fbody master.

307 Regal

Royal Smart Person
Oct 21, 2009
Northern Indiana
Would a S truck work for a donor?
It can, but I was sold on the idea of having good pedal geometry and not having to reinforce my firewall. I do already have a clutch and brake pedal, but the pivot stud for the clutch master cylinder is wrong.

307 Regal

Royal Smart Person
Oct 21, 2009
Northern Indiana
From my experience so far, neither. At this point I can't recommend buying his pedals. It was supposed to be bolt in and go. It's been anything but. I've had the pedal box in and out several times, still needs to come back out again. Haven't had enough throw since day one. All bone stock GM components. He blamed aftermarket parts. Then said, well, you might have to drill a new hole down further on the pedal and sent a template for me to do so. Did that, still not enough. Yes clutch is bled properly.
Guess I'll just have to find the correct geometry myself, in which case why did I spend all this money for a "bolt in" part?
Sorry to hear that. I've only spoken to one guy in person. A Grand Am owner that built the car for his son, LS/T-56 etc. He said that he wished that he had gone with the universal master version instead of the F-body style version, citing specifically that he had just barely enough throw.

307 Regal

Royal Smart Person
Oct 21, 2009
Northern Indiana
When I converted my 82 El C to a Muncie I bought the clutch/brake pedal assembly, bell crank and such. Had a little issue with the through out bearing arm. Probably 4 years now and so far so good
Unfortunately I don't have a BOP bell and fork for G-bodies. I was planning on using a 2-gen F-body BOP bell that I already have.

307 Regal

Royal Smart Person
Oct 21, 2009
Northern Indiana
I have their pedal and bracket in my tan calais ad has been working great for years. I'm using a stock fbody master.
What throw-out bearing are you using?

Streetbu

Know it all, that doesn't
Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
I have a spare BOP bell. If you're interested pm me.

Reactions: 2 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor