Side Pipes!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tyler J

Apprentice
Aug 29, 2016
Central Wisconsin
I have a set of side pipes on my El Camino that originally came with fiberglass packed baffles that stretched the whole length of the car. When I did my motor swap, I wanted to squeeze every bit of power out of the new motor as possible so I decided to remove those restrictive baffles. Now I like loud cars, but this is LOUD! Sounds like it belongs on the drag strip. Just curious if anyone has any recommendations on a set of baffles that I can slide in there to quiet it down but still promote flow better than the original baffles.

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
There might be something like a resonator that might fit in there to help quiet them down but you might have to consider removing the sidepipes and running a full dual exhaust system, it definitely gives you many options on size and sound going this route

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

airboatgreg

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 2, 2016
I looked high and low for a decent set of side pipes for my car and could never find any I like. Any suggestions?
I put Supertraps on my 0540 Lycoming airboat and noticed no power reduction and it complied with Florida law.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario

Tyler J

Apprentice
Aug 29, 2016
Central Wisconsin
I'm really not concerned about being legal in that aspect. If you don't give them a good or multiple reasons to pull you over, they don't care around here. I'll MAYBE get a fine for no cats when I get pulled over for being too loud, doing burnouts, racing, ect. My goal is to not get pulled over though. With the amount of lifted trucks that never get pulled over (that are daily drivers year round) breaking laws regarding tint, tires, exhaust, lighting, reckless driving and so on, I don't have much to worry about. Plus a fine or two, hell, even three is cheaper than scrapping my existing exhaust for an all new set up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor