Silver Grand Prix dash

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
Anyone have one of these silver colored Grand Prix dashes? If so was it on a special model like an SSJ? I've been looking for one and can only find the wood grain and was wondering why they are so scarce. Yeah, Jack, you got me going on this. I have seen maybe one, and I think it was a 78' but I'm not positive. Damn link won't work. OK, I pirated this from ss4ever's topic, my apologies to him. It's the same type.
375387588.jpg

gbodyera

Greasemonkey
Dec 10, 2009
Miami,FL/ DET,MI
Hope this works. By the way I have a silver grand prix dash I just picked up 2 days ago. It just doesnt have the silver plate in front of the gauges of course.

Mexican84SS10.jpg

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
I don't know what gives with that link. First it works, then it won't , then it will. This link is the guy's site, look for the "Dash- center view". Hey, did you get the steering column in? http://www.montecarloss.com/MexicanSS.html

gbodyera

Greasemonkey
Dec 10, 2009
Miami,FL/ DET,MI
Yes. i got the column in last night with the help of a screwdriver. The shaft went in maybe just enough to see 1/4 of the hole. I just put a phillips in there and pushed it all the way.

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
Glad to hear it. It's too cold to be fighting these cars. I yanked a posi rear carrier from my Malibu and just about froze solid.

gbodyera

Greasemonkey
Dec 10, 2009
Miami,FL/ DET,MI
Yeah. I hear ya. I make my lady jealous sometimes. Id do things in any weather for my car and not her.Not all women understand that. :lol:

dougfather

Master Mechanic
Jul 11, 2006
Altoona PA
Bonnewagon said:
Anyone have one of these silver colored Grand Prix dashes? If so was it on a special model like an SSJ? I've been looking for one and can only find the wood grain and was wondering why they are so scarce. Yeah, Jack, you got me going on this. I have seen maybe one, and I think it was a 78' but I'm not positive. Damn link won't work. OK, I pirated this from ss4ever's topic, my apologies to him. It's the same type.
375387588.jpg

These were in a Grand Am (78-80). I have a center console out of one that I plan to sell. Anyway, the junkyard I got it at still had the car and the silver bezel, but was way too beat up to bother taking. Too many cracks.

Attachments

• 1375312543190.jpg
    1375312543190.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 236

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Mark,
That's the picture that came to mind. As Dogfather said, they were also in the Grand Am models. Grand Am's are like finding Hen's teeth.

Jack

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
Jack, I've seen 1 GrandAm in my lifetime, a shot to sh*t primered 79' the guy wouldn't part with. But I know the GP's had them, just not sure what years or what option carried it. I PM'd the guy ss4ever that had this one for sale, his last post said it was still there, but he's not been on this site for a while. Keeping my fingers crossed....

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor