Silverado 5.3 update 12/11

Status
Not open for further replies.

Built6spdMCSS

Geezer
Jun 15, 2012
Florida Beach
I had my truck out earlier, just turned 198k on it. 2001 Sierra 2500HD with the original early style Gen III LQ4 6.0l.

A little over 6 years ago I did the Oil Pan gasket and while I was there I pulled down the pickup tube and installed the red Oring. It picked up 10psi+ at idle, used to hang around 40psi now it's 50-55psi hot. The Lifters don't make noise anymore. LQ4 has a factory high volume oil pump and it's Gen III so no pressure relief in the Pan, but that Oring is a pretty big deal. Any of you who get in that deep it's not a bad idea to replace it.

20221120_122118.jpg

Reactions: 4 users

mikester

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 10, 2010
Small town NY
Well, its been almost a month since I dropped my truck off. Still waiting for the new long block.
Its not bad. The service guy called me last Monday to tell me the block was being shipped from Mississippi. My motors already been pulled out.
They gave me a brand new Equinox to cruise around with. It had 433 miles on it. Turbo. I gotta say its fun to drive. It just turned 1K today.
I will say its a pain in the *ss to be without a truck. Ive been putting up shelves in the new shed we got last week. Needed some 10' 2x4s. I used the Yukon to pick them up at the local Lowes. It was pretty tight in there. Needles all over the inside yesterday getting the Christmas tree.
Maybe I'll have the truck back by the end of the week.

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor