Silverado Cluster for Gbody???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tank

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 28, 2011
Sedalia, Missouri
mhzJ8gyneFepk9MIh9hdwYw.jpg

I am thinking about installing a Mid 80's Chevy Silverado dash bezel into my elcamino. Does anyone know if this has been done before or not?

clean8485

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 18, 2005
Ontario, Canada
I've never seen that type of dash swapped into a G body. I've seen some no-Pontiac G bodies that have had a complete mid '80s Grand Prix dash swapped in, and some custom instrument clusters, but not what you're asking about. With all the stock Malibu/Monte Carlo and aftermarket parts available out there, why are you considering this swap?

Tank

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 28, 2011
Sedalia, Missouri
I have always been fond of the Silverado dashes. I had an 83 when I turned 16 and it was the brushed aluminum looking color. I was just looking into doing something completely different and not like all the others out there.

L92 OLDS

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 30, 2012
West Michigan
Tank said:
I have always been fond of the Silverado dashes. I had an 83 when I turned 16 and it was the brushed aluminum looking color. I was just looking into doing something completely different and not like all the others out there.

I like that particular dash layout too but making something like that work in a G body is quite the project. You would certainly have something different,... but "different" could also be a bad thing. If your set on attempting a franken cluster project, I would begin with a parts car to experiment on. Personally, I like to keep a factory stock interior and don't even car much for the Dakota digital dash swap. Just my opinion.

81Regal

Royal Smart Person
Apr 5, 2009
Terril Iowa
Tank said:
If all you are looking for is the brushed aluminum look you can go with something like this and cut to fit.
http://alsacorp.com/products/sheetingfx ... uminum.htm

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor