Silverstars?

Status
Not open for further replies.

averagewhiteboy

Master Mechanic
Jun 7, 2006
Pittsburgh, PA
Hey guys.

I was wondering, has anyone used the Sylvania Silverstars for their h/l beams in their G body? I have them in my Cobalt, and like them alot. But at 20 a piece, they're kinda expensive. Especially considering I could get a pair of normal beams for like 16. They worth it? I know my current lights suck, but they're also older. So i'll be replacing them with something. I just didn't know if it's worth it to get the Silverstars.

Thanks!!

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I used them and they didn't last too long. I did get them replaced under warranty but it was a drag replacing them every 3 months. I called the company and spoke with a sweet sounding lady who said that she had 2 vehicles and one of them kept burning the lights but they can't figure out what the problem is. I ended up putting in conversion lights with PIAA bulbs. I'm putting HID in this summer I think. BTW...up here in Canada the silverstars are around $35... :cry:

RedHotRegal

Master Mechanic
Mar 26, 2006
Ontario, Canada
Just put a set in the Ruststang. $55 a pair. ouch. But there awesome and my wife loves them. Only been in for about 2 months though so hopfully they last awhile.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
from what I learned from the rep at sylvania it wasn't a problem with the lite itself ...seemed like there was problems with some models of vehicle...my GP was one of them. Red I have the set of silverstars (4) I took out of my GP when I put in the conversion lites so if you want them let me know. The high beams were hardly used and I think the hi/lo are new cause I changed them under warranty.

ryanwitski

Master Mechanic
Nov 5, 2006
OH
/i use those lights and have had them since summer. They seem to work fine but i only have two right now b/c they can be expensive!

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
How much would you want for them all shipped to 15126?

average...I don't want anything for them...red lives in my area and I think the cost of shipping them would be more than they are worth...

1fast87olds

Greasemonkey
Feb 18, 2006
St. Albans Wv
ive had those in my car for the last 3 years work GREAT ....

averagewhiteboy

Master Mechanic
Jun 7, 2006
Pittsburgh, PA
So they are worth the 20 bucks? I was thinking of just getting them for the lows, then just getting regular highs, just because I don't use the highs too often. so why spend 80 on lights? lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor