SITE UPGRADE -- REPORT ISSUES HERE

GP403

Administrator
Site Admin
Feb 25, 2005
Inola, OK
I skipped thru this thread and may have missed it but is there a chance you could make the alerts and mail tabs show on a mobile screen when it is held normally? They show for me but only when i turn my phone sideways...
I will see what I can do.... it'll either be easy and you'll know it worked or it won't be and it might take a while! if that makes sense.

GP403

Administrator
Site Admin
Feb 25, 2005
Inola, OK
Cha Ching

D85F1773-5C85-417E-B2AA-3304A07BC665.png

Injectedcutty

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
I'm having issues trying to change my avatar. I'll select the file I want, the current avatar will "flash" to new one, then "flash" back to current one. Any ideas?

GP403

Administrator
Site Admin
Feb 25, 2005
Inola, OK
That could be a caching thing. Meaning it might show the old one until the cache expires. I’d have to dig into those settings and have a look. It should correct itself. Visit your account/profile page and hit reload a few times.

pontiacgp

Canadian Prime Minister
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I skipped thru this thread and may have missed it but is there a chance you could make the alerts and mail tabs show on a mobile screen when it is held normally? They show for me but only when i turn my phone sideways...
thanks for mentioning that, it seems to be working now...:)

Texas82GP

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
Something strange is going on. No icons are loading. I've tried the wifi connection and just mobil data. I've tried IE and Chrome on the PC......
Screenshot_20180813-152709_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20180813-152722_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20180813-152735_Samsung Internet.jpg

GP403

Administrator
Site Admin
Feb 25, 2005
Inola, OK
Something strange is going on. No icons are loading. I've tried the wifi connection and just mobil data. I've tried IE and Chrome on the PC......
I changed the URL that the static icons/logos/vendor banners etc. come from. It SHOULD have went off without a hitch. I don't see any troubles here so I don't know. Maybe log out and back in again. Reload a few times. Even if your browser is using a cached version of the page it should still work. That's kind of weird actually. That it would happen on every device like that.

I have been mucking about with user groups and stuff today so maybe I cocked something up there. I'll see what I can do.

GP403

Administrator
Site Admin
Feb 25, 2005
Inola, OK
just purged the CDN cache so hopefully it will be forced to reload everything and it should go away. should.

GP403

Administrator
Site Admin
Feb 25, 2005
Inola, OK
OK, so I changed a setting relating to the domain that the site pulls the images and some javascript from. If your browser has the old version of a page cached it maybe possibly might be trying to use the old location and not be able to pull the files, but here's the thing: It should still work just fine. I don't know why it would stop working.

I'm not seeing any issues on my end. Everything works as it should, even with my "regular" test user. So this is some sort of delivery issue and things are out of sync for those who are having problems. I see some replies to threads coming through so obviously its not affecting everyone, which further tells me that some folks drew the short straw and got the caches out of sync.

So, try this:

1. Purge your browser cache. This SHOULD fix the problem if nothing else does, so we'll just go there first. See here: https://kb.iu.edu/d/ahic Don't delete your cookies or you'll lose all your auto logins etc.
2. Try logging out and back in again. Yeah it sounds dumb but it may force the pages to reload properly.
3. ...
4. Just try again later. Yeah its a lame answer but if its a caching issue it may just expire and it will re-load correctly sometime later. Hopefully sooner.

I am trying to replicate the problem and find the source of everyone's grief. So hang in there.