GRAND PRIX SJ Still Young at 41

Status
Not open for further replies.

SJ-400

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 19, 2021
GM had a number of names for that color. It was Springmist Green on my ‘68 Firebird, in ‘72 on the Grand Prix it was Revere Silver. Chevy called it Seafoam Green. I’ve seen other brands and late model foreign cars like Volvo with a similar color but personally I think Pontiac got the blend of green and silver just right. I wish it had been offered in ‘80.

Attachments

• DE3C961B-FC7F-43AC-B378-D15DB980B18D.jpeg
    DE3C961B-FC7F-43AC-B378-D15DB980B18D.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 75
Reactions: 1 users

SJ-400

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 19, 2021
GM had a number of names for that color. It was Springmist Green on my ‘68 Firebird, in ‘72 on the Grand Prix it was Revere Silver. Chevy called it Seafoam Green. I’ve seen other brands and late model foreign cars like Volvo with a similar color but personally I think Pontiac got the blend of green and silver just right. I wish it had been offered in ‘80.
Love the ‘72. Like that green a lot! That looks like my dads ‘67 Pontiac Tempest linden green color.
Just noticed your ‘78
Love the ‘72. Like that green a lot! That looks like my dads ‘67 Pontiac Tempest linden green color.
Just noticed you are 78 GP 400, did you change the transmission too or have any problems connecting the shift lockout mechanism?

78GP400

Greasemonkey
Mar 2, 2017
Hartville, Ohio
200 r4. I didn’t do the transmission but I know he had issues.
Yea it would look good on the G body’s, that’s for sure!

82CutSupreme

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 15, 2021
Nice GP's! Had an 84 almost 20 years ago, wish I'd kept it... Never see those anymore especially as clean as yours...

SJ-400

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 19, 2021
Hey there, glad to have found this forum, have some extra parts, need some too.
Right now I just need a backup light lens for my ‘80 GP. Any leads would be appreciated.
Thank you!
Tony
Hi guys, still looking for tail light lens for my 80 GP, has anyone had experience with 3D printing these?
Tony

Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
Great car! Hopefully someone can help you out with one of the last true Pontiac V8 powered Grand Prix's. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor