:SLAY The DRAGON" Bucket trip Oct 18-19

Status
Not open for further replies.

vanrah

G-Body Guru
Apr 16, 2013
Near Afton, Wisconsin
Greetings Guys: First I would like to Thank everyone for the friend ship you all have extended. I'll be taking one of my last few Bucket trips soon. I'm headed to Robbinsville, North Carolina Hy way 129. I plan to be in the Bowling Green area the evening of the 16th if any of ya want to bench race & break bread? The Robinsville area 17 18 & 19 with the Holden group. North of Atlanta the 20-22 & headed to Florida on the 23rd. Undecided where in Florida yet?? Please post up if any meets are during the days I'll be in any one area. I have a cell (smarter than ME) phone I'll be caring, please send PM & I'll post the #. I hope to meet with a few of you guys, Ole' Bob.

Attachments

• IMG_0394.JPG
    IMG_0394.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 159
Reactions: 5 users

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
Bob,

Have a grand adventure! Don't view it a a bucket trip - more of a Zen experience to pull in the whole of life. Throw a few pictures up to us so we can share your take on the trip!

Reactions: 1 users

1evilregal

Comic Book Super Hero
Apr 23, 2009
Greensboro, NC
as it gets nearer, I might be able to swing out that way... wife and I plan on going out to the great smokey railway area for a few days, for my birthday. might be able to talk her into doing the tail of the dragon, as it's one of my bucket list items (but in the Regal, would have to settle for the Moostang this trip though...). would love to meet for dinner or a beer while you're out this way!

had to look up where Afton was, been so long since I've lived up there... moved from the little town of Delafield (about 20-25 miles west of Milwaukee) back in '81. my long, haven't heard from in 20 yrs sister and a couple of her daughters, still live in the waukesha area.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

1evilregal

Comic Book Super Hero
Apr 23, 2009
Greensboro, NC
for those who don't know what this is, here's a quick video:

Reactions: 2 users

vanrah

G-Body Guru
Apr 16, 2013
Near Afton, Wisconsin
Greetings Guy; Well winter has arrived as least temp wise, 32 this morning! And snow (I know Bad word) North of us. I'm gettin' ready to depart the North for this Dragon run. I'll be in Bowling Green the evening of the 16th. If you're eatin' late & want company post up, I hate to eat alone. Ole' Bob.

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
Greetings Guy; Well winter has arrived as least temp wise, 32 this morning! And snow (I know Bad word) North of us. I'm gettin' ready to depart the North for this Dragon run. I'll be in Bowling Green the evening of the 16th. If you're eatin' late & want company post up, I hate to eat alone. Ole' Bob.
Have a great trip. Enjoy the foliage still hanging on in the southern climes.

• Friendly

1evilregal

Comic Book Super Hero
Apr 23, 2009
Greensboro, NC
met up with ole' Bob on thursday and had dinner together, and was going to run the tail together, but we needed to get home earlier than expected, so had to go different times. hopefully the video quality came out better than what it played on my computer. It's a NoPro knockoff of a knockoff, and the first time I used it, so I may have to play with the framerate settings a little...

I hope y'all get to meet Bob at some point, great guy, and Bob, when you read this, the wife got a pic of us at the diner, but I don't want to post unless I get your okay!

enjoy the video, and sorry it had to be in a Moosetang!

Reactions: 3 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor