Sleeper line lock hideout.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rapidride2

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 30, 2018
As I get older i am constantly looking for lost creativity. I have a sleeper 78' malibu that i raced enough times last year I've started to think about rear brake/drum wear.

I want to install a linelock on the car.

Any slick ideas on where to hide the switch and underhood solenoid?

Thanks,

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
I don't have any slick ideas but I mounted my line lock solenoid on the inside frame rail near the proportioning valve and I have a switch on my shifter handle, as far as being stealth for the switch you could probably use a floor mount dimmer switch and modify it to work as a momentary switch, I personally like mine on my shifter but I am not fooling anybody with what I have.

Reactions: 1 users

UNGN

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 6, 2016
Southlake, TX
Mine is under the ashtray in my regal. At the track, I pull out the ashtray insert and put it in the glovebox.

I've mounted the actual line lock down near the combination valve, where it is supposed to be mounted. People who mount them up on the fender by the master cylinder are doing it wrong.

• Informative
Reactions: 1 user

abadwillys

Greasemonkey
May 30, 2016
NY
mine is also down on the frame rail attached to the porportioning valve with a simple aluminum plate, my button is on the shifter, but the button(switch) could be easily hidden
photo (74).JPG

Reactions: 2 users

foxtrot

Royal Smart Person
Dec 19, 2008
USA
You could design a 'hijack circuit' to install inside your radio that would be well concealed. Said 'hijack circuit' would 'snoop' for a predetermined sequence of radio channel memory push buttons to enable the line lock via a relay. The line lock disable function could be controlled with just one radio button for launches off the line. The output of the 'hijack circuit' would simply drive the relay that enables/disables the line lock itself.

Now that's creative.

• Creative
Reactions: 1 user

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
You could design a 'hijack circuit' to install inside your radio that would be well concealed. Said 'hijack circuit' would 'snoop' for a predetermined sequence of radio channel memory push buttons to enable the line lock via a relay. The line lock disable function could be controlled with just one radio button for launches off the line. The output of the 'hijack circuit' would simply drive the relay that enables/disables the line lock itself.

Now that's creative.
You a sneaky bastid! Would the radio still work?

84dragcutlass

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2009
North Vernon IN
Even if you had one of the buttons on the radio control the line lock I really like that idea. It would be simple to even incorporate a little black push button into the radio faceplate without anyone being the wiser.

foxtrot

Royal Smart Person
Dec 19, 2008
USA
I think that you would also need to tie in the VSS (vehicle speed sensor) to the line lock activation circuit. This would prevent the line lock from being accidentally activated when the car was moving..

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor