Slowly getting back to the project...

Status
Not open for further replies.

JerRol79ElCam

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 13, 2018
I was making good progress on my '79 Elky. Got the oil pan issue fixed on the 327, getting ready to put the TH350 back in and...boop! Heart Attack in June. Two stents, Quintuple Bypass and 3 months later, I'm starting to get my hands greasy again. Still having to be cautious because of stainless steel wires keeping my ribcage together, I had to change the alternator belt that flew off and twisted around the water pump pulley during a 10 minute warmup after sitting on jack stands in my shop for two months. I finally have the engine tuned the way I want and I'm ready to get it dropped back down on the ground and rolling again! That might be a few weeks away with the rear gear, posi and new rear coil springs still waiting for me to install...

Reactions: 1 user

JerRol79ElCam

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 13, 2018
I'm working my way back into normal life, just with a totally new diet. I'm back to 1.5 miles on bicycle, back to work, but following doctor's orders...

melloelky

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 22, 2017
mass
Dang!!
Glad to hear you're still with us,upright and everything. Go easy and you'll get it all worked out.

Reactions: 1 users

xcookpac

Master Mechanic
Mar 15, 2012
Good work on sticking to your goals for your Elky. Sounds like you have made a positive change in your diet and exercise.

Last edited:

JerRol79ElCam

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 13, 2018
After my usual Saturday chores, errands and 2 mile bicycle ride, I finally got back underneath the El Camino today. The torque converter had slipped off of the shaft enough to misalign the groves. I wrestled with converter and trans under the car until I got it aligned and back in place. If I'm not too achy tomorrow, I might get the trans bolted back in and start hooking up the lines and shifter.

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor