Small bracket: where does it go ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

shaner613

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 11, 2017
Hey everyone...in the middle of restoring the 85 SS and can't remember where on the engine this goes? It's only a couple inches tall and is thin metal. It's got us baffled.

Thanks again for any help. There is only bragging rights and no prize to the winner lol

Shaner

Attachments

• 20170810_191725.jpg
    20170810_191725.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 198

axisg

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 17, 2007
YYZ
it looks like a stand for an aftermarket spark plug wire separator to me ( missing the plastic clip of course )

clean8485

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 18, 2005
Ontario, Canada
It bolts to the lower front bolt location on the left side rocker cover of the engine. It holds a plastic clip that supports the wire that goes to the O2 sensor on the exhaust manifold. Hope this helps.

Reactions: 1 users

shaner613

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 11, 2017
It bolts to the lower front bolt location on the left side rocker cover of the engine. It holds a plastic clip that supports the wire that goes to the O2 sensor on the exhaust manifold. Hope this helps.

That sounds about right! Problem now is the vortec heads I have dont have perimeter bolts so I guess this wont matter. I will come up with something else.

Great work GBF Nation! Updates when I get more done on the SS

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor