Small Holley fuel line routing tip with pics

Status
Not open for further replies.

HAFROD

Royal Smart Person
Jul 15, 2013
Claremore, OKLAHOMA
saloncarbline2.jpg Thought I would post what I did for a fairly clean looking steel fuel feed line routing on the small Holley 4160 600 with the fuel inlet on left side. I bought this fitting from Summit https://www.summitracing.com/parts/sum-g1527/overview/ . I removed the hose fitting that comes on it. I bought a pre flared steel line from my local auto parts store and used a bender. I love the way it turned out. It looks kinda stock but it's low and out of the way.

saloncarbline.jpg

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
That looks good, man. I need to do that to mine and eliminate the rubber hose.
How do you have it going into the fuel pump? No inline filter?

Longroof79

Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
I got a rock filter in the carb inlet
Gotcha! So you're only using the stock integral carb filter, no external inline filter.

HAFROD

Royal Smart Person
Jul 15, 2013
Claremore, OKLAHOMA
I cut out a section of fuel line in front of the rear end and spliced in a metal fuel filter. I used an old ignition coil bracket to clamp in the filter. It's bolted to the frame rail. I also bought a new pick up screen from dealership and installed it on sending unit.

Longroof79

Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Okay, thanks for the information. So the one (100 micron) filter is coming directly from the tank, and the carb is using the 30 micron filter.

HAFROD

Royal Smart Person
Jul 15, 2013
Claremore, OKLAHOMA
No, just a new pick up screen in the tank with a Fram steel fuel filter spliced into frame just in front of rear axle. Not sure what micron my Holley rock filter is. I really don't know the micron on any of the 3. Lol

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
Does the filter on the frame use rubber hose to connect to the frame lines or does it accept flared fittings? Really nice work on your hard line to the carb. by the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor