Smart Car?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
As some of you know I have a friend in the car stereo business. Yesterday he had a Smart Car come in to replace the factory speakers in the front door. He had never worked on a Smart Car but he figured it wouldn't be a complicated job. He was wrong, to change the speakers in the door you have to remove the outer door handle and mirror and then take the door skin off to get to the speakers....:blam:

UNGN

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 6, 2016
Southlake, TX
When i was Munich years ago, one of the younger german engineers was blah, blah, blahing about his new Smart car After he left, an older engineer pointed at his 25 year old, 38 hwy mpg diesel mercedes S-class he paid 2,000 euros for and says "That is a smart car".

• Agree
  • Winner
Reactions: 5 users

L67ss

Royal Smart Person
Dec 8, 2016
There is nothing smart about a smart car lol. Barely allowed on most highways and took them over a decade to get them to pass USA basic crash tests....and I'm suspicious of that. I've never had a suburban land on top of my car lol

L67ss

Royal Smart Person
Dec 8, 2016
If you remember that was the big safety commercial of theirs showed a suburban sitting on a smart shell

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
If you remember that was the big safety commercial of theirs showed a suburban sitting on a smart shell

you mean this one?

Do you remember other commercials that advertise the crumble zones in cars so the passengers have a better chance. I guess smart marketing make cars safer...anyone in a smart car ought to be made to wear a hans device

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: 2 users

Opie Knievel

Rum Fueled Midnight Mechanic and Moderator
Sep 6, 2010
Brodhead, Kentucky
As some of you know I have a friend in the car stereo business. Yesterday he had a Smart Car come in to replace the factory speakers in the front door. He had never worked on a Smart Car but he figured it wouldn't be a complicated job. He was wrong, to change the speakers in the door you have to remove the outer door handle and mirror and then take the door skin off to get to the speakers....:blam:

This is a perfect example of why I got tired of messing with newer cars. They're way too complicated to work on.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

L67ss

Royal Smart Person
Dec 8, 2016
you mean this one?

Do you remember other commercials that advertise the crumble zones in cars so the passengers have a better chance. I guess smart marketing make cars safer...anyone in a smart car ought to be made to wear a hans device

Yup. What people forget is jys stack cars with no serious structure damage.....and they don't have the added steel rack to balance the catmr on top. And I never bought into the crumple zone thing. Knew a guy that was killed in a 98 extended cab Dakota because he was pinned between the steering wheel and the back of the cab before the truck caught fire

jiho

Royal Smart Person
Jul 26, 2013
There's a rumor the FCC may consider "net neutrality" rules for drive-by-wire systems ....

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor