Smart Glow Fuses

Ernest

G-Body Guru
Apr 28, 2016
Texas
They have a built in mini L.E.D that lights up after fuse is blown, makes it much easier to find and replace than trying to figure out which one after a main device or accessory stops working... anyone here use them?

Reactions: 1 user

Wageslave

Royal Smart Person
Jan 25, 2017
I have them for my underhood add on fuses. They work pretty good and saved me a little bit of time troubleshooting a stumbling issue when I found a fuel pump fuse blown.

Reactions: 1 users

Ernest

G-Body Guru
Apr 28, 2016
Texas
No doubt its a SMD(surface mounted device) L.E.D inside the fuse... those things are tiny.

Rktpwrd

Builder of Cool Shjt
Supporting Member
Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Gimmick, pass.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
Gimmick, pass.
For most things I just kinds know what circuit the blown fuse has to be on based on what doesn't work.

Mixture of age/wisdom or whatever they call it, well, that and driving mostly big dumb vehicles without much for computer ninnies.

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users

Ernest

G-Body Guru
Apr 28, 2016
Texas
These may be gimmicky.... but would prove very helpful, especially if the fuse panel is lit up like christmas tree because you've got major electrical issues. :giggle:

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
These may be gimmicky.... but would prove very helpful, especially if the fuse panel is lit up like christmas tree because you've got major electrical issues. :giggle:
Meh, the fuse block in my c10 is even easier. Still uses glass tube fuses. Look underneath and instantly see everything that is blown at a fraction of the cost.

What was old is new again I guess.

Makes me want to buy some of that paint they use on dot sights or compound bow pins. Go around a car show and put dots on the douchier of guys who have these's fuses that have these then watch them freak out.

Reactions: 1 user

Built6spdMCSS

Geezer
Jun 15, 2012
Florida Beach
No doubt its a SMD(surface mounted device) L.E.D inside the fuse... those things are tiny.
Given electricity takes the path of least resistance, probably a resistor infront of the LED since they don't need much voltage to work. Fuse element intact the current goes that way. When it pops now it's on the LED side.

Ernest

G-Body Guru
Apr 28, 2016
Texas
Built6spdMCSS - Yes.... SMD L.E.D with internal resistor.

CK80 - No matter how much of a douche or you hate the guy for whatever reason, its a general rule amongst men, never mess with another mans vehicle... thats unless he messed with yours first for absolutely no reason, then by all means, retaliate with extreme prejudice.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor