Smog Pump and A/C Delete

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meano

Apprentice
Oct 8, 2012
Tampa, FL
I am looking to start cleaning up my engine bay after I drop in the new radiator with slim fans and want to start by taking out the clunky non-functional smog pump, I feel as if I have the just of this one, as I only need to unbolt it all and use plugs for the holes in the exhaust manifold. Now my research on removing the A/C Compressor has gotten me confused. First, I plan on purchasing the GBodyParts Heat Only Cover and delete my entire system except for the blower and heater core. I have read that you need a "dummy" pulley for the compressor but as of right now there is no belt attached to the compressor so I feel like no such pulley is needed.. My other concerns are that my A/C compressor has a line connecting to my radiator, if I delete my A/C, can I just plug that radiator hole and be fine? It is a 4.3 262 V6! Thanks for the help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor